Statement of Faith
MilitaryBeliever.com contains listings for military friendly Christian churches, U.S. military chaplains and endorsing agencies, and Christian ministries serving the military community. Agreement with the following Statement of Faith is required for any church, chaplain or ministry seeking inclusion.
Participating parties agree to this Statement of Faith as a unifying understanding and basis for collaboration in military ministry for the overarching purpose and glory of God. This is a simple Statement of Faith and therefore does not necessarily represent all the theological views and positions of affiliated churches, ministries, or agencies.
- We believe in the plenary, verbal inspiration of the whole Bible, God’s infallible written Word, and that it is the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the eternal existence and deity of Jesus Christ, in His incarnation and virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death on a cross, His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, His present ministry of intercession in heaven, and in His personal, future return to the earth in power and glory. He was and remains fully God and fully human.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God as male and female and in the beginning was innocent of sin. In the historic fall sin entered into the human race through Adam. As a result man’s nature became fallen and corrupt in every part. Because of sin all people are separated from God and in need of reconciliation and redemption through Christ.
- We believe that eternal life is a gift of grace received by faith alone in Jesus Christ and that all who repent and trust in Him are born again by the Holy Spirit, declared to be right with God, and become children of God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ, the fellowship of all believers, and is commissioned to make disciples of all nations.
- We believe that God's redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all men, and establish His glorious kingdom. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the righteous shall live and reign with Him forever.